Welcome to the pages for the University College London Research Programming Hub.
The hub brings together research groups across the college who develop software for research.
We are committed to:
- The development of high-quality, reusable, well-tested, reliable software for research
- The importance of readable code as a form of scholarly communication
- The recognition of software as a first-class scientific output alongside papers and data
- The value of best software engineering practices for research software
- The application of cutting edge numerical methods and computational tools to research
We achieve this through:
- Bringing together programming researchers in a variety of fields into a community of practice
- Sharing techniques, tools, approaches and ideas across disciplinary boundaries
- Helping each other achieve rigourous academic standards of quality and correctness in our software through review
- Teaching and training in scientific programming for our students
- Advocacy for the importance of good scientific software in UCL and more widely